All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) is a highly reliable and valid tool for the evaluation of trainees in anaesthesia. It enables examiners and trainers to assess a number of competencies in an organised way. Performance in the OSCE is considered to be a fair reflection of the level of kwledge and skill attained during anaesthesia training. Apart from having a wide and deep kwledge on the subject, trainees are expected to have the capacity to demonstrate their competency in a short period of time allotted for each station. The authors of this book have a rich experience in successfully conducting OSCE courses in the United Kingdom. The sample OSCE sets in the book closely simulate the style and content of the Royal College of Anaesthetists' examination format. The book contains 100 OSCE stations with answers based on key practical procedures, clinical skills, communication skills, data interpretation, anaesthetic equipment and the management of critical incidents on a simulator. The answers are presented thoroughly and clearly. The tutorial on the relevant topic and additional key points at the end of each station, together with more than 100 illustrations throughout the book will complement the reader's overall understanding. The marking system signifies the relevance of each question, enabling objective assessment of kwledge and practical skills. This book will also help candidates all over the world to pass highly competitive postgraduate examinations in anaesthesia. It is an invaluable educational resource for all anaesthetists.
- Author BiographyDr Cyprian Mendonca MD FRCA is Consultant Anaesthetist at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, UK. Dr Shyam Balasubramanian MD FRCA is Consultant Anaesthetist at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Cyprian Mendonca,Dr. Shyam Balasubramanian
- PublisherTFM Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationHarley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTFM Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour photos & illus
- Weight818 g
- Width210 mm
- Height150 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.