All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDocument and sketch your skywatching experiences in this astromy tebook. Record your frame of reference, sketch key features in the night sky, record the astromical coordinates for your observation, describe and sketch the object or event observed, describe the object or event viewed in detail, record quantitative data, and perform calculations in your tebook. This astromy tebook serves as a diary for your observations of the night sky, and as a tebook in which to record quantitative data and qualitative observations. Compared to traditional blank tebooks/journals or starting from scratch with a word processor, this astromy tebook provides a built-in structure for more organized observations. A class using these tebooks will record observations with a more uniform format. Assigning regular viewings of celestial objects and events to be recorded in this tebook is a great way to give astromy students practice observing the night sky.
- Author BiographyChris McMullen is a physics instructor at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He earned his Ph.D. in phenomenological high-energy physics (particle physics) from Oklahoma State University in 2002. Originally from California, he earned his Master's degree from California State University, Northridge, where his thesis was in the field of electron spin resonance. He has published several papers on the prospects for discovering large superstring-inspired extra dimensions at the Large Hadron Collider. Dr. McMullen has taught first- and second-semester physics labs, at the trig-based and calculus-based level, at four different universities using a wide variety of equipment, sensors and computer interfaces, and software programs. He has authored the laboratory manual for NSULA and LSMSA, and has involved several students with research projects as part of their first-year physics lab.
- Author(s)Chris McMullen
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.