The Occidental Arts and Ecology Center Cookbook: Fresh-From-The-Garden Recipes for Gatherings Large and Small by Occidental Arts and Ecology Center, Olivia Rathbone (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.26+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrating biodiversity through the Mother Garden s collection of rare, open-pollinated varieties and wild edibles from OAEC s ecological preserve2016 IACP Cookbook Awards WINNER! ( Food Matters category) More than anything, food brings us together as families and as communities. So there is better place to begin creating a healthier and sustainable community than around a shared table.The Occidental Arts and Ecology Center Cookbook is a beautifully illustrated collection of 200 unique and delicious vegetarian recipes from the rewned California-based farm, educational retreat center, and eco-thinktank. OAEC has a passionate ethos about eating seasonally, and this book shows readers how to cook based on what is available in the garden. This unique cookbook incorporates ingredients from all seasons, including weeds, flowers, herbs, nuts, fruits, mushrooms, and other forages. The recipes also include the quantities and measurements necessary to cook for a crowd making each dish perfect to cook at home, or to share at parties, potlucks, and community events. With sample seasonal menus to inspire cooks throughout the year, The OAEC Cookbook offers a wide range of recipes such as: Carrot and Chamomile Soup, Summer Squash Ribbons with Purple Shiso, Roasted Asparagus and Nettle Risotto with Pea Tendrils, and Pepita-Encrusted Squash Blossoms Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Mint. There are cold vegetable plates for warm summer picnics, and readers will learn how to create delicious salad dressing recipes for garden-fresh greens, including Loquat Ginger, Golden Tomato Cumin, and Preserved Lemon Brine. There are comfort foods like pots of savory Biodiversity Beans and Winter Sourdough Pizza, and warming snacks like Toasted Hazelnuts with Thyme. Readers can top a plate of veggie sides with a generous dollop of one of OAEC s famous sauces and pestos, and learn how to infuse their own Honey Syrups for homemade cocktails. Last but t least, delicious standout desserts like Fresh Fruit Fools, a Dark Roast Winter Squash Tart with Hazelnut Crust, or the Cardamom-Rose-Plum Bars. This informative cookbook will help gardeners find new ways to cook with their vegetables, farmers market shoppers looking to expand their repertoire, home cooks who want to cook healthy for their family or host a big dinner party, chefs looking for inspired recipes using weeds and perennial fruits and vegetables, and community-based organizations who cook for crowds on a regular basis.
- Author(s)Occidental Arts and Ecology Center,Olivia Rathbone
- PublisherChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Content NoteColour photographs throughout
- Weight1361 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.