All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is easy thing, to take leave of the world. At very long last a captain of his own ship, Dow Amber is determined to venture beyond the final frontier - the still, stagnant waters of the Doldrums - in search of a New World. With Nell finally by his side, he is hopeful that they can start again, far from politics, betrayal and war. But ne who have sailed the Ocean of the Dead have returned to tell the tale. Before long, an old enemy appears. And with the enemy new dangers. Does the fleet sail to certain death, or to glorious new life beyond the treacherous Doldrums? The Ocean of the Dead is the cataclysmic conclusion to Andrew McGahan's stunning Ship Kings series.
- Author BiographyAndrew McGahan is one of Australia's finest fiction writers. His first novel, Praise, won the 1992 Australian Vogel Literary Award. The White Earth won the 2004 Miles Franklin Literary Award, the Commonwealth Writers' Prize, The Age Book of the Year and The Courier Mail Book of the Year Award. In 2009 Andrew was shortlisted for the Manning Clark House National Cultural Awards for his contribution to Australian Literature...The Coming of the Whirlpool, book one in the Ship Kings series, was shortlisted for an Indie Award, an ABIA, an Aurealis Award, a Golden Inky and a 2012 CBC award. Book two, The Voyage of the Unquiet Ice was Highly Commended in the 2012 Fellowship of Australian Writers National Literary Awards -- Christina Stead Award, a 2013 CBC Notable Book and shortlisted for the Queensland Literary Awards...
- Author(s)Andrew McGahan
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleShip Kings
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.