All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a global hydrographic description of the thermohaline circulation, an introduction to the theoretical aspects of this phemen, and observational evidence for the theory. The hydrographic description and the observational evidence are based on data sources available via internet, mainly from the World Oceagraphic Experiment (WOCE). The book also offers an introduction to hydrographic analysis and interpretation.
- Author BiographyDr. Hendrik van Aken has been an observational oceanographer for over 25 years. He mainly deals with regional oceanography. He headed the Dutch contribution ot the WOCE Hydrographic Program (WHP), and is presently active in CLIVAR projects. Dr. Van Aken has done extensive research in the fields of climate hydrographic variability and aspects of the global thermohaline circulation.
- Author(s)Hendrik van Aken
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleAtmospheric and Oceanographic Sciences Library
- Series Part/Volume Number39
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note153 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight534 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.