All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTen years after the close of World War II, the U.S. Navy published achrology of its operations in the war. Long out of print, the work focused onwhat were then defined as critical and decisive events. It igred a multitudeof combat actions as well as the loss or damage of many types of U.S. shipsand craft-particularly auxiliaries, amphibious ships, and district craft-andentirely omitted the U.S. submarine campaign against Japanese shipping, Thisgreatly expanded and updated study, w available in paperback with anindex, goes far beyond the original work, drawing on information from morethan forty additional years of historical research and writing. Massive, but wellorganized, it addresses operational aspects of the U.S. Navy's war in everytheater.
- Author BiographyNaval historian Robert J. Cressman lives in Silver Spring, MD. His The OfficialChronology of the United States Navy in World War II received a John LymanBook Award (1999) and his body of work on U.S. naval aviation history wasrecognized by the Admiral Arthur W. Radford Award (2008).
- Author(s)Robert J. Cressman
- PublisherNaval Institute Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAnnopolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNaval Institute Press
- Content Note91 black & white photographs, 1 line drawing
- Weight1043 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.