The Official Lamaze Guide by Charlotte De Vries, Judith Lothian (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLamaze's vision for the future is that formal childbirth education, in person and online, should start early in pregnancy. In the second edition of The Official Lamaze Guide, the authors share Lamaze's belief that preparing for birth and becoming a mother takes all of pregnancy, t just six weeks of formal classes at the end of the third trimester. This new edition has been updated to reflect the latest evidence- based research on pregnancy and childbirth. Since the first edition, childbirth in the U.S. has gotten riskier. The cesarean rate has continued to rise; w almost one third of women in the U.S. have a cesarean. There's been a shocking rise in the maternal mortality rate. More babies are admitted to NICUs, and there's been an alarming increase in incidences of postpartum depression and post traumatic stress disorder related to childbirth. Lamaze believes that all women have the right and the responsibility to get complete and accurate information about pregnancy and birth, and to choose what's best for them and their babies based on that information. The second edition of The Official Lamaze Guide will showcase the six Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices, which are supported by research studies that examine the benefits and risks of maternity care practices. 1. Let labor begin on its own. 2. Walk, move around, and change positions throughout labor. 3. Bring a loved one, friend, or doula for continuous support. 4. Avoid interventions that aren't medically necessary. 5. Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body's urges to push. 6. Keep mother and baby together -- it's best for mother, baby, and breastfeeding. The mission of Lamaze International is to promote, support and protect natural, safe, and healthy birth through education and advocacy through the dedicated efforts of professional childbirth educators, providers, and parents.
- Author BiographyJudith Lothian is a nurse and childbirth educator with over 30 years of experience. She is an associate professor at Seton Hall University College of Nursing and is chair of the Lamaze International Certification Council. Dr. Lothian is a nationally recognized speaker on birth and breastfeeding, a columnist for The Journal of Perinatal Education, and a mother of five and grandmother of seven. Charlotte DeVries is a journalist, past president of Lamaze International s board of directors, and a current board advisor. She works alongside her husband, a sociologist, on childbirth and midwifery research and education. She also writes a newspaper column on life as a working mother of three and grandmother of one.
- Author(s)Charlotte De Vries,Judith Lothian
- PublisherMeadowbrook Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMeadowbrook Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight435 g
- Width161 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.