All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the conclusion of a criminal investigation, a wealth of material is brought together in compiling the definitive case report. In some instances this can result in room after room full of documents amassed over months or years, having to be indexed and cross-referenced against the body of the report in order to be read and digested by those considering the case. After 19 years in the CID in London I had seen eugh of these files to kw exactly what it was I had stumbled upon in an Exeter auction room in early 2010. What I was t prepared for was the discovery of the original police papers into the matter recorded simply as - DCC/1435/89, kwn more readily to us as - 'The Matter of the Hound of the Baskervilles'. These original police reports chronicle the progress of the investigation from the police perspective, something never seen before. The folio consists of reports from the Metropolitan Police and the Devon County Constabulary as well as the Goverr of HMP Dartmoor and the Pathologist who examined both Sir Charles Baskerville and Arthur Selden. The folio concludes with police witness statements from all of the principals together with numerous items of private correspondence and even some original photographic plates and provides a unique insight into the workings of the police and a hitherto unseen side to the official investigation into The Hound of the Baskervilles.
- Author BiographyBorn 1955 in London into a police family, educated at St Ignatius Grammar School in North London before joining the Metropolitan Police in 1978. During a 22 year career as an operational detective I have been involved in all manner of criminal investigations including innumerable murder cases and the investigation into the Tottenham Riots in 1985. In 1990 I was transferred to the Serious, International & Organised Crime Squad at New Scotland Yard and investigated cases throughout the UK and around the globe including the Europe, the UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo, Sri Lanka, Australia and the US.
- Author(s)Kieron Freeburn
- PublisherMX Publishing
- Date of Publication13/09/2010
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMX Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight447 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.