All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe people who lived and worked on and alongside the Ohio & Erie Canal had a vocabulary all their own. Originally published in 1995, this glossary was the first to list in one source the terms used to describe the boats, crews, locks, equipment, and canals. Terry K. Woods provides a dictionary of primary terms selected from official reports as well as terms taken from interviews with former boatmen. This new edition includes a detailed description of the canal's route-elevation, engineering, locks, feeders and the businesses and communities along the way. Serious students of Ohio's canal era and canal buffs alike will find the definitions compiled in this glossary interesting and helpful in their readings and studies of the Ohio & Erie Canal system.
- Author BiographyTerry K. Woods is past president of both the Canal Society of Ohio and the American Canal Society. He is former editor of Towpaths, the journal of the Canal Society of Ohio, and is widely recognized as an expert on the Ohio & Erie Canal. He is also the author of Ohio's Grand Canal: A Brief History of the Ohio & Erie Canal (Kent State University Press, 2008).
- PublisherKent State University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- Place of PublicationKent, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKent State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.