All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany an art student and BFA graduate arrive at the sorry state that despite all their classes and books on painting, they still don't understand the rudiments of oil painting - the basics of colour mixing and creating the illusion of form. That's where The Oil Painting Course You've Always Wanted comes in, an invaluable primer on oil painting that sets itself apart from other books on this subject. First, this book is a course - a composite of lessons that the author, Kathleen Staiger, has developed over many years of teaching. Structured so that each detailed lesson builds on the previous one, the book reinforces the learning process with fully explained diagrams, illustrations, exercises, and demonstrations. Second, there is a logical, workable method of sure-fire colour mixing. Third, the book is tailored to the insecurity of the beginner; skills are built slowly, with precise guidance and logical explanations. Staiger has been teaching this course for years with amazing results. Students who have never touched a paintbrush are w exhibiting and selling their paintings. Experienced painters find they learn something new in every lesson. This book is organized around a progressive set of lessons: Class 1: How to Create the Illusion of Three Dimension; Class 2: Making Your Brush Behave; Class 3: Foolproof Colour Mixing; Class 4: Putting It All Together Class 5: Still Life Painting; Class 6: Landscape Painting; and Class 7: Portrait Painting. The features include: a complete, foolproof primer; includes author's sure-fire method of colour mixing; and step-by-step lessons, complete with diagrams, exercises, and demonstrations.
- Author BiographyKathleen Staiger has taught painting and drawing for 35 years. She holds degrees in art education and fine art from Hofstra University in New York.
- Author(s)Kathleen Staiger
- PublisherWatson-Guptill Publications
- Date of Publication21/09/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWatson-Guptill Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date26/10/2010
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight721 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.