All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Old Loyalist: A Story of United Empire Loyalist Descendants in Canada An active life in the field of engineering and surveying has left but little time to devote to a work of fiction. Much pleasure, however, has been derived by the author, during several years, in gathering material here and there in stray moments, and weaving it into a story concerning his birthplace and the U. E. Loyalists from whom he sprung. All the characters - with one exception - are, of course, imaginary, as well as most of the incidents recorded concerning them. No story of Adolphustown could be written, covering the period in question, without reference to Sir John A. Macdonald, who as a lad attended the village school, and later in life frequently visited old friends in the locality. The Old Loyalist is a type of his people t alone in the Bay of Quinte district, but from the Maritime Provinces to Canada's western boundary, wherever the Loyalists chanced to settle. The good men and true are t by any means confined to those of Loyalist descent, as has been proven on more than one occasion in the history of Canada during the past century. It will be readily observed that many of the unreal incidents of the story cluster round certain well-kwn historical events in the lives of the Loyalists, as, for instance, the continuance of slavery, in a modified form, after they reached Canada. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)A R Davis
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.