All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Old Woman's Daughter offers men and women alike a way to make sense of their lives and find more healing alternatives than offered by our present culture. In gentle, evocative imagery, Jungian analyst Claire Douglas invites readers to reconnect with the ancient tradition of the feminine, the Old Woman, symbolized by her own Celtic grandmother. After considering the dangers to individuals and the society of the masculine-focused dualities of our own culture, Douglas describes an alternative that incorporates the feminine self within each of us, man or woman. Douglas draws on myth and story, her own experiences, poetry, the dreams of some of her patients, and images available from Tibetan Buddhism to find archetypes that help us recognize our inheritance from the Old Woman. She describes a form of therapy that emphasizes cherishment, or bonding for the purpose of recovering our ties to the ancient feminine, and she deftly incorporates her search for her own voice in shaping the book into an organic whole. Rising from Douglas's lifelong interest in the psychology of the feminine, this book shows how healing is related naturally to a Motherline of attunement, connection, and cherishment.
- Author BiographyCLAIRE DOUGLAS, a clinical psychologist and Jungian analyst, is in private practice in Malibu, California. She trained at the C. G. Jung Institute of New York and was a Bunting Fellow at Harvard University, where she carried out research on Jung. She has had a number of books published, along with many articles, essays, and book reviews.
- Author(s)Claire Douglas
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleCarolyn & Ernest Fay Series in Analytical Psychology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 11
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note19 b&w photos, bib., index
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byDavid H. Rosen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.