All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe One and the Three explores parallels between Byzantine and early Irish monastic traditions, finding in both a markedly trinitarian theology founded on God's contemplation and ascetic experience. Chrysostom Koutloumousias refutes modern theological theses that affect ecclesiology, and contrasts current schools of theological thought with patristic theology and anthropology, in order to approach the meaning and reality of unity and otherness within the Triadic Monad and the cosmos. He explores such topics as the connection between nature and person, the esoteric dimension of the Self, the relation and dialectic of impersonal institutions and personal charisma, and perennial monastic virtues as ways to unity in diversity.
- Author BiographyChrysostom Koutloumousianos is a Senior Elder at the Koutloumous Monastery, Mount Athos, and holds a BA in English Literature and a BA, MA and PhD in Theology from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He has been a visiting fellow at the Hellenic Institute at Royal Holloway, London. He is also the author of several books and articles on early monasticism.
- Author(s)Chrysostom Koutloumousianos,George Stavrakis
- PublisherJames Clarke & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJames Clarke & Co Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.