All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionLeeds United's Elland Road home is one of the most iconic sporting arenas in Britain, yet it started life as a desolate patch of land surrounded by coalfields. The Only Place For Us pulls together the never-before-told history of the developing stadium and its changing local environment, revealing the background stories behind Elland Road's most famous features and characters, and the astonishing events it has witnessed. Along the way there have been fires, gypsy curses and a host of cherished memories including the diamond floodlights, the West Stand facade and escapee pantomime horses. Using archive research and insiders' insights, fascinating photographs and fans' memories, Jon Howe retraces an intriguing historical journey to show how Elland Road became one of Europe's most feared football grounds. Through triumph and adversity, neglect and redevelopment, Elland Road has emerged as a fine, modern stadium that's alive with history. This is its unique story.
- Author BiographyJon Howe is the author of All White: Leeds United's 100 Greatest Players. As a freelance writer Jon is an established contributor to the Leeds United matchday programme and The Square Ball independent supporters' magazine, as well as writing lifestyle and general content articles, features and previews for a wide range of websites and magazines.
- Author(s)Jon Howe
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteassorted mono and colour pictures
- Width216 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.