All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMotheism, the idea that there is only one true God, is a powerful religious concept that was shaped by competing ideas and the problems they raised. Surveying New Testament writings and Jewish sources from before and after the rise of Christianity, James F. McGrath argues that even the most developed Christologies in the New Testament fit within the context of first century Jewish motheism. In doing so, he pinpoints more precisely when the parting of ways took place over the issue of God's oneness, and he explores philosophical ideas such as creation out of thing, which caused Jews and Christians to develop differing concepts and definitions about God.
- Author BiographyJames F. McGrath is an associate professor of religion at Butler University and the author of John's Apologetic Christology: Legitimation and Development in Johannine Christology.
- Author(s)James F. McGrath
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication20/07/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Weight249 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.