All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the Parish Priest for the Catholic community living beside Bangkok's main slaughterhouse and founder of the Human Development Foundation - Mercy Centre, Father Joe has been walking arm in arm with his brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, grannies, and children in the city's slums for over 40 years. In The Open Gate of Mercy, Father Joe recounts the stories of the people with whom he has shared his life's work. Each story stretches our worldview and transports us to a universe where we witness the daily lives of slum residents. Father Joe's mission follows the tradition of the ancient literary masters through his heartfelt examination of the human condition. Father Joe guides us on a journey through the heart of a community that he's devoted most of his life in serving. Always with love and respect, he shows us that in spite of a life devoid of privilege, everyone possesses an inner dignity.
- Author(s)Fr Joseph Maier,Maier
- PublisherAsia Document Bureau Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAsia Document Bureau Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $14.95New
- AU $12.52New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $38.88
- AU $32.12Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $21.26
- AU $22.36Trending at AU $25.35
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.24
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $38.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.