The Ophthalmic Exam: An Introduction to Techniques and Instrumentation for Evaluation by Gary S. Schwartz (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $105.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ophthalmic Exam: An Introduction to Techniques and Instrumentation for Evaluation is an excellent reference for everyone new to the eye clinic. With a primary focus on developing history and exam skills, this handy reference delivers the fundamentals on a range of physical exam topics including refraction, retina exam, and alignment. Written in an easy and practical format, The Ophthalmic Exam presents the proper way to perform a history and physical examination on an eye patient. The opening chapter will educate the reader on how to perform an eye history on adults and children. Also included are chapters on the foundation of basic optics and how to perform a proper distance and near refraction exams. The book concludes by teaching the reader how to perform various examination techniques and how to record the findings. Dr Gary Schwartz includes only the essential information about ophthalmic examinations, so as to t bog down the reader with in-depth information about diseases. Important concepts are reinforced by including a helpful question and answer section at the end of most chapters. The Ophthalmic Exam is perfect for the eye clinic vice wanting to learn the basics and increase their familiarity with performing routine eye exams, as well as the experienced physician looking to fine tune their skills. Physical Exam topics include: Subjective and Objective Refraction, Near Refraction, Color vision, Pupil exam, Motilities, Alignment, Slit lamp examination, Intraocular pressure, determination, Gonioscopy and Retina examination.
- Author BiographyGary S. Schwartz, MD, is a comprehensive ophthalmologist in private practice in Saint Paul, Minnesota. He is an Adjunct Associate Professor in Ophthalmology at the University of Minnesota, where he teaches optics, refraction, and surgical techniques to ophthalmology residents and ophthalmic technologist students. He has received awards for his skills as a teacher from both medical students and ophthalmology residents at the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Gary S. Schwartz
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width159 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.