The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy by Deborah Davis (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.09+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.32+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oprah Winfrey Show will come to an end next spring after twenty-five years on television. Arguably the most influential television personality of all time, Ms. Winfrey and her show's impact on American culture cant be overstated. This beautifully illustrated book will explore and celebrate the legacy of the show using written contributions from a stellar group of public figures and images from table photographers. This book will also feature behind-the-scenes photographs from the Harpo archive, spanning the twenty-five years the show has been on the air, including the farewell season. Each chapter in the book will be dedicated to a theme (e.g., love and relationships, equality, giving, literature) and will open with an essay, written by a public figure closely associated with the topic of the chapter, which will explore how the show has touched people's lives and impacted the conversation around that issue. This essay will be followed by a narrative text, which will guide the reader through the history of Ms. Winfrey's involvement with that topic, including her motivation for engagement, as well as stories about the events, people, and organizations that have acted as touchstones or provided insights along the way. Interwoven in this narrative will be a story or quote from a featured celebrity contributor, who will provide a more personal perspective on the issue at hand. Ms. Winfrey will write the final chapter on the theme of gratitude. Accompanying the essays and narrative text will be images from the show, behind-the-scenes photographs, as well as signature portraits of the contributing celebrities taken by ted photographers.
- Author BiographyDeborah Davis is the author of Strapless: John Singer Sargent and the Fall of Madame X (Tarcher/Putnam, 2003), Party of the Century: The Fabulous Story of Truman Capote and His Black and White Ball (Wiley, 2006), The Secret Lives of Frames: 100 Years of Art and Artistry (Filipacchi Publishing, 2007), Gilded: How Newport Became the Richest Resort in America (Wiley, 2009), and the upcoming Guest of Honor: Booker T. Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, and the White House Dinner that Shocked a Nation, which will be published in Fall 2011 by Atria/S&S. She lives in Montclair, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Deborah Davis
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight2291 g
- Width274 mm
- Height345 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.