All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Optimistic Child, Dr. Martin Seligman offers parents, teachers, and coaches a well-validated program to prevent depression in children. In a thirty-year study, Seligman and his colleagues discovered the link between pessimism - dwelling on the most catastrophic cause of any setback - and depression. Seligman shows adults how to teach children the skills of optimism that can help them combat depression, achieve more on the playing field and at school, and improve their physical health. The Optimistic Child offers parents and teachers the tools developed by the author to teach children of all ages life skills that transform helplessness into mastery and bolster self-esteem.
- Author BiographyMartin E.P. Seligman, Ph.D., is the Zellerbach Family Professor of Pyschology and the Director of the Positive Psychology Center at the University of Pennsylvania. Among his 20 books are Learned Optimism, What You Can Change and What You Can't, The Optimisitc Child and Authentic Happiness. His books have been translated into 25 languages and he regularly tours Australia.
- Author(s)Martin Seligman
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication02/05/2011
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationMilsons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintWilliam Heinemann Australia
- Weight320 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.