All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful new edition of a classic ballet story collection. Travel to the magical Land of Sweets across the Lemonade Ocean in The Nutcracker; be dazzled by the magical Firebird with her flame-bright feathers; and dance until the clock chimes midnight with Cinderella and her handsome prince. Master storyteller Geraldine McCaughrean retells these classic tales with poetry and magic, while rewned artist Angela Barrett's exquisite illustrations dance off the page. McCaughrean could rewrite the shipping forecast and make is sound riveting - she has a wonderful talent for drawing children straight into the story. The Sunday Telegraph
- Author BiographyGeraldine McCaughrean has been awarded many prizes for her writing, including the Whitbread Children's Book Award for A Little Lower than the Angels and the Carnegie Medal and the Guardian Award for A Pack of Lies. She was awarded the Blue Peter Book Award for her retelling of A Pilgrim's Progress, and Peter Pan in Scarlet, her authorised sequel to the children's classic Peter Pan, was published in 2004. Geraldine lives in Berkshire and has a young daughter. Angela Barrett is a hugely talented and internationally acclaimed figure in illustration. She completed a Masters Degree at the Royal College of Art, where she was taught by Quentin Blake. Her first title, The King, The Cat and The Fiddle, was runner-up in the Mother Goose Award in 1984. Since then, Angela has illustrated numerous titles and won many awards for her work, including the Kate Greenaway Medal in 1993 for Beware, Beware! She lives and works in London.
- Author(s)Geraldine McCaughrean
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrchard Books
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight756 g
- Width212 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Angela Barrett
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.