All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFound as a baby, on a bed of moss under an old growth tree, Cedars beginning was a mystery. As she began her sixth grade year, Cedar resembled her namesake with her wild mane of brown hair, her sinewy body, and deer-like eyes. She makes her first true friend, a new student, Phillip, with whom she shares her special woodland spot along with the gifts it brings. When Cedar falls suddenly ill, Phillip discovers that her health is connected to the fate of the forest where she was found. Their special woods are threatened by an impending development, so they create a plan to save it which includes a hospital, a getaway car, and a protest.
- Author BiographyKaty Farber is a teacher, author, and founder of the blog, Non-Toxic Kids. She is also the author of two books about education, Why Great Teachers Quit and How We Might Stop the Exodus and Change the World with Service Learning. Katy has written for various news, parenting, non-profit and educational publications, including MomsRising, Moms Clean Air Force, Educational Leadership, CNNs School of Thought Blog, Problogger, Fox News opinion, and many others.
- Author(s)Katy Farber
- PublisherGreen Writers Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreen Writers Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight138 g
- Width129 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.