About this product
- DescriptionThe Organization of Firms in a Global Ecomy presents a new research program that is transforming the study of international trade. Driven by the availability of new micro data sets and invative theoretical models, it focuses on the level of firms, products, and stages of production rather than on countries and industries. It addresses such questions as why only a small proportion of firms in a given industry export and why an even smaller proportion invest abroad; why exporters tend to be more productive than nexporters; why almost one-third of international trade takes place between units of the same firm and why as much as two-thirds involves multinational firms as exporter, importer, or both; and why international trade may have been the most important driver of organizational changes in the corporation that have been taking place in the last decade.Until a few years ago, models of international trade did t recognize the heterogeneity of firms and exporters, and could t provide good explanations of international production networks. Now such models exist and are explored in this volume.
- Author BiographyElhanan Helpman is Galen L. Stone Professor of International Trade at Harvard University, and a Fellow at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. He is the author of The Mystery of Economic Growth (Harvard). Dalia Marin is Professor of Economics, University of Munich. Thierry Verdier is Scientific Director, Paris School of Economics.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note44 line illustrations, 35 tables
- Weight712 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDalia Marin,Elhanan Helpman,Thierry Verdier
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.