All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is the world's leading international Islamic organization. Turan Kayaoglu provides the first accessible and concise introduction and overview of this important organization. This book details the OIC's struggle to address popular Muslim demands balanced against the member states' reluctance to support the OIC politically and materially. Despite this predicament, the organization has made itself increasingly relevant over the last decade through increasing its visibility as the representative body of Muslim unity and promoting its role as a reliable interlocutor on behalf of Muslims in global society. Outlining the history, workings and goals of the OIC, the book also highlights key issues that may influence the OIC's ability to realize its potential in the future. This will be of great interest to students and scholars of international relations, international organizations and islamic studies.
- Author BiographyTuran Kayaoglu is an Associate Professor of International Relations at the Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences Program of University of Washington, Tacoma.
- Author(s)Turan Kayaoglu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleGlobal Institutions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.