All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the first comprehensive study of the content, form and goal of the Peripatetic historiography of science. The book first analyses similar trends in Presocratic, Sophistic and Platonic thought, and then focuses on Aristotle's student Eudemos of Rhodes. His work is the basis of the Peripatetic historiography of science which greatly contributed to the development of this genre in medieval Arabia and in Europe in the 16th-18th centuries.
- Author BiographyLeonid Zhmud is a Leading Scientific Researcher at the Institute for the History of Science and Technology of the Russian Academy of the Sciences in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Author(s)Leonid Zhmud
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication18/07/2006
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitlePeripatoi
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated byAlexander Chernoglazov
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.