All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first anthology ever published to feature the writings of leading eighteenth-century thinkers on the subjects of atheism, religion, freethought, and secularism. Editor S. T. Joshi has compiled table essays by writers from Germany, France, England, and early America. The contributors include Denis Diderot (a principal author of the multivolume French Encyclopedie), Baron d'Holbach ( System of Nature, 1770), Voltaire ( Philosophical Dictionary ), David Hume, Immanuel Kant, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Ethan Allen, Thomas Paine, and other lesser-kwn thinkers. With a comprehensive introduction providing the intellectual and cultural context of the essays, this outstanding compilation will be of interest to students of philosophy, religious studies, and eighteenth-century intellectual history.
- Author BiographyS. T. Joshi is a freelance writer, a scholar, and an editor. He is the author of The Unbelievers: The Evolution of Modern Atheism, and he is the editor of Atheism: A Reader; The Agnostic Reader ; God's Defenders: What They Believe and Why They Are Wrong ; H. L. Mencken on Religion ; Documents of American Prejudice ; In Her Place: A Documentary History of Prejudice against Women ; and What Is Man? And Other Irreverent Essays. He is also editor of the American Rationalist.
- Author(s)S. T. Joshi
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.