All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis landmark collection explores the origins and foundations of music education in Europe, The Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East, and considers the inclusion of music as part of the compulsory school curriculum in the context of the historical, social and political landscape. Within each chapter, the contributors explore the following key areas: - the aims, objectives and content of the music curriculum - teaching methods - the provision and training of teachers of music - the experiences of pupils This fully revised second edition includes new chapters on Brazil, Israel, Kosovo, Lithuania, and Turkey, along with questions to encourage reflection and discussion. A concluding chapter has been added to encourage readers to consider the evolution of music education globally. The Foreword for this new edition has been written by Sheila Woodward, President of the International Society for Music Education. Contributors have been carefully selected to represent countries that have incorporated music into compulsory schooling for a variety of reasons resulting in a diverse collection which will guide future actions and policy.
- Author BiographyGordon Cox is the Chair of the History Standing Committee of the International Society for Music Education, and was formerly Senior Lecturer in Music Education at the Institute of Education, University of Reading, UK. Robin Stevens is a Principal Fellow in the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music at The University of Melbourne, Australia, and was formerly Associate Professor of Music Education at Deakin University, Australia.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight693 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGordon Cox,Robin Stevens
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.