All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe development of modern Europe, through such events as the Reformation and Counter--Reformation, the Enlightenment, the French Revolution, and the rise of industrial capitalism, is often seen in terms of the triumph of individualism. Yet the precise stages in the evolution of the European individual remain one of the most elusive aspects of the regiona s history. In this broad and thought--provoking investigation, Aaron Gurevich, one of Russiaa s leading historians, examines the growth of individual consciousness through European history, and assesses its impact on key social and political events.
- Author BiographyAaron Gurevich is Professor at the Institute of General History at the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow.
- Author(s)Aaron Gurevich
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/1995
- Series TitleMaking of Europe
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight586 g
- Width167 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.