All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAs the 400th anniversary of the outbreak of the Thirty Years War approaches, Geoff Mortimer provides a timely re-assessment of its origins. These lie mainly neither in religious tensions in Germany r in the conflicts between Spain, France and the Dutch, but in the revolt in Bohemia and the famous defenestration of Prague.
- Author BiographyGeoff Mortimer was formerly Lecturer in German at St Edmund Hall, University of Oxford, UK, where he also studied history. His publications include Eyewitness Accounts of the Thirty Years War 1618-48 (2002), Early Modern Military History, 1450-1815 (2004), and Wallenstein: The Enigma of the Thirty Years War (2010), together with a number of academic articles on this period.
- Author(s)Geoff Mortimer
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/08/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight515 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.