All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book narrates my one-year tour assignment in Afghanistan in the District of Maiwand. The book takes the reader through the mental preparation to succeed in one of the most challenging districts in Kandahar Province, Maiwand, kwn as the birthplace of the Taliban. With a District Goverr on his way out and with low morale among all key partners in the district, I faced the most daunting challenge to turnaround the Maiwand district. After several months of hard work and perseverance we saw the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Author BiographyCarlos Terrones is an international development practitioner who has worked in international development projects related to good governance and civil society in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America. Carlos started his international development career as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer. Most recently, he completed his U.S. Department of State tours successfully in Iraq and Afghanistan and was involved at the cutting edge of building their institutions. His education background has focused on how to run the public institutions effectively. Carlos has a Bachelors Degree from the George Washington University, a Masters Degree in Public Administration from Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), and has also attended the Executive Education Program at Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government. This is his first book.
- Author(s)MR Carlos F Terrones
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.