All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this Halloween Masque, a young woman tainted by gossip is forced to flee to a House of Refuge but the dark cloisters are open to the invasion of demons and hallucinations. Later, Victoria leaves the House of Refuge and travels far away to escape her tormentors but eventually she is driven by dark forces to the BigRiver that divides this world from the next. At twilight, on a Halloween, she is visited by three masked devils that haunt the fleeing traveler on her great journey westward. They constantly torment Victoria and argue among themselves as to who is best to take her across the BigRiver. The Lawyer tells the young woman that she will be safe with him. Medicine T. Man offers her what he calls the elixir of life. Preacher Boy identifies the drink as poison but it is too late for Victoria to avoid drinking it. It is t clear if these visions are real or merely a dream at Halloween.
- Author BiographySam Drew Carson was born in the North of Ireland and educated there at Wellington College and the Ulster Polytechnic. He completed his education in the USA at New Mexico Highlands University and the University of Arkansas. He has traveled widely in Europe, around the Atlantic and in North America. Carson worked as a seaman and fish-gutter in Vestmannaeyjar off the coast of Iceland. He has lived and worked in the Irish and Western Isles Gaeltachts and was married in Welsh-speaking Carmarthen after which he honeymooned in Belfast. He has told his stories, composed and sung his songs, seeking storylines in Bristol and the English Westcountry. Carson has also lived and written in Nashville, Tennessee, in the wooded hills of Mid-America and from the Appalachians to the Ozarks. This was the culture that gave rise to the now worldwide Scotch-Irish country music. In the USA, he has also worked beside the bayous of the French-speaking Cajuns in the South and among the Western Spanish-speaking Navajos, Apaches and Pueblos of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in New Mexico. Carson has sailed far into the seas of old Gaelic and Oriental legend. After many years searching for inspiration for story and music, the author is still traveling and writing.
- Author(s)Drew Carson
- PublisherS A Carson
- Date of Publication18/01/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintS A Carson
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.