All listings for this product
About this product
- Description(This edition has parenthetical Scripture references sprinkled throughout the text to promote discussion in book clubs, youth groups, or for use in your personal study.) She left home to find her brother...and stepped into an American Rampage. A bioengineered plague spirals the ecomy into meltdown, and panicked citizens blame fundamentalist Christians for unleashing the disease. Tracy, an eleven-year-old runaway trapped in the resulting riots, escapes with a group of strangers. When she tries to return home six years later, w trained in martial arts by the Christian Masters, her exceptional skills aren't eugh to get past the mercenary guards that protect wealthy Silver City. Her only remaining choice? Enter the slums-dubbed The Other Side-and join a women's gang. Her trials with first love, her own self-doubts, and a vicious drug lord bring Tracy to a terrible decision: should she follow the Voice that urges her to reveal her Christian heritage and face certain death? Or go it alone to hunt the elusive drug lord who has vowed to kill her friends? (This vel deals frankly with life situations and would likely be rated PG-13 if shown in a movie theater. Discretion is advised with readers under the age of thirteen.)
- Author BiographyPatricia Griffin, member and past president of the Black Hills Writers Group, has written since her youth and later received the Rapid City Fine Arts Council Creative Writing Award. The Other Side: Rebellion Night is her first novel. The sequel, Redemption Knight, is scheduled for release in 2013. Patricia's heritage of one-third resilient South Dakotan, one-third Texas rebel, and one-third bulldog makes for a diversified life. Throw in the twin traits of a Gemini and you have a woman who dances the two-step and jitterbug, clogged briefly, and performed eleven years as a soloist and troupe member of a belly dance group for summer festivals and conventions. Her training on clarinet eventually led to playing the baritone saxophone as well as alto and tenor sax. Patricia works as a career cosmetologist when she's not sipping chai and writing.
- Author(s)Consultant Patricia Griffin
- PublisherTos Novels
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTos Novels
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.