All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 160 million American adults participated in outdoor activities or adventure sports in 2005, according to the Outdoor Industry Foundation. While biking, trail running, and hiking remain the most popular, other activities like swshoeing and mountaineering surge in popularity each year. Outdoor sport enthusiasts show incredible dedication to their endeavors, and The Outdoor Athlete is the ideal training manual to help them hike longer, paddle farther, ski faster, and climb higher. The Outdoor Athlete is the most comprehensive training guide available, with 65 exercises, dozens of locales, and 17 programs covering the following activities, hiking, trekking, backpacking, alpine mountaineering, scrambling, rock climbing, ice climbing, mixed climbing; trail running, mountain biking; kayaking, caeing; and, rafting, cross-country skiing, swshoeing, randonee skiing and telemark skiing. The Outdoor Athlete provides enthusiasts with the training guidelines, sport-specific programs, and instruction on exercises so they can prepare for, and excel at, their outdoor pursuits. Authors Courtenay and Doug Schurman use their extensive outdoor and training expertise to cover a full range of special instruction, from activity-specific environmental factors to nutritional considerations. With their expertise and the experience Human Kinetics brings as the leader in training and conditioning publications for both general athletics and specific sports, this book will be the resource for outdoor athletes.
- Author BiographyCourtenay Schurman, MS, CSCS, is an avid outdoor enthusiast active in mountaineering, rock climbing, biking, strength training, rowing and step aerobics. She is a certified strength and conditioning specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. She has more than 10 years of experience training wilderness athletes, including amateur skiers, kayakers, hikers and clients wishing to tackle Mount Everest or 100-mile trail runs. Doug Schuman, MBA, CSCS, is a competitive powerlifter and has been a certified strength and conditioning coach through the NSCA since 1998. Active in mountaineering and rock climbing, he co-authored and co-produced the Train to Climb Mt. Rainier or Any High Peak DVD (2003) and co-authored numerous wilderness sport articles at www.bodyresults.com.
- Author(s)Courtenay Schurman,Doug Schurman
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 161 black & white halftones
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.