All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe outdoor environment is w an integral part of many early years settings and schools, but is it being used to its full potential? Providing extensive, challenging and ever-changing outdoor play experiences is an essential and valuable aspect of early years education. This book offers comprehensive guidance on how the outdoor environment can be used to teach and challenge all children across a range of settings drawing on forest school practice. Following a month-by-month format, each chapter provides a selection of theme-related play experiences alongside planning and evaluations of how the ideas described were carried out, and reveals the impact that they had on the children. Including detailed information on the role of the adult, the environment, planning and using children's interests to guide their learning and development, the book features: * over 100 full-colour photographs to illustrate practice * diary entries that reflect how the planning was delivered, what changes were made and how aspects of learning were recorded and assessed * examples of practice as well as comprehensive resource lists and safety guidelines * links to indoor play and opportunities at home. Written by a leading authority on forest school practice and full of practical ideas that can be adapted to suit individual children's needs, this book aims to inspire practitioners to make the most of the outdoor environment throughout the year.
- Author BiographyKaren Constable is an experienced early years teacher, having worked for almost twenty years in nursery and school settings. Specialising in how children learn, and using the outdoor environment, Karen has worked across schools in Somerset supporting teachers and students to improve children's learning. She is currently a reception class teacher and early years leader, working with children ranging from two to five years at Mark First School, UK. Sandy Green worked within the early years sector for over thirty-five years, initially as a nursery nurse in both education and social services settings and later as a lecturer in further education. She is now an educational consultant and has written extensively on early years education.
- Author(s)Karen Constable
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note140 colour illustrations, 140 colour illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.