All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt 5:58 AM on October 3rd, 2009, Combat Outpost Keating, located in frighteningly vulnerable terrain in Afghanistan just 14 miles from the Pakistani border, was viciously attacked. Though the 53 Americans there prevailed against nearly 400 Taliban fighters, their casualties made it the deadliest fight of the war for the U.S. that year. Four months after the battle, a Pentagon review revealed that there was reason for the troops at Keating to have been there in the first place. In THE OUTPOST, Jake Tapper gives us the powerful saga of COP Keating, from its establishment to eventual destruction, introducing us to an unforgettable cast of soldiers and their families, and to a place and war that has remained profoundly distant to most Americans. A runaway bestseller, it makes a savage war real, and American courage manifest.
- Author BiographyJake Tapper is a CNN anchor and chief Washington correspondent. Prior to joining CNN, he was the senior White House correspondent for ABC News. He has written for The New Yorker, The New York Times Magazine, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and The Weekly Standard, among many other publications. He is the author of Down and Dirty: The Plot to Steal the Presidency. He lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Jake Tapper
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Content Note66 b/w photos throughout & 3 maps
- Weight738 g
- Width152 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.