Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by mirnua
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrate the 50th anniversary (April, 2017) of a landmark coming-of-age American vel with a Penguin Classics edition featuring an introduction by Jodi Picoult, author ofMy Sister's Keeper. First published in 1967, S. E. Hinton's vel was an immediate phemen. Today, with more than eight million copies sold, The Outsiders continues to resonate with its powerful portrait of the bonds and boundaries of friendship.In Ponyboy's world there are two types of people. There are the Socs, the rich society kids who get away with anything. Then there are the greasers, like Ponyboy, who aren't so lucky. Ponyboy has a few things he can count on: his older brothers, his friends, and trouble with the Socs, whose idea of a good time is beating up greasers. At least he kws what to expect-until the night things go too far. For more than seventy years, Penguin has been the leading publisher of classic literature in the English-speaking world. With more than 1,700titles, Penguin Classics represents a global bookshelf of the best works throughout history and across genres and disciplines. Readers trust theseries to provide authoritative texts enhanced by introductions and tes by distinguished scholars and contemporary authors, as well as up-to-datetranslations by award-winning translators.
- Author BiographySusan Eloise Hinton published The Outsidersduring her freshman year at the University of Tulsa. Today, with more than eight million copies in print, the book is the best-selling young adult novel of all time, made into a filmdirected by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Emilio Estevez, Patrick Swayze, Matt Dillon, and Tom Cruise. She received theAmerican Library Association and School Library Journalfirst annual Margaret A. Edwards Award, which honors authors whose book or books, over a period of time, have been accepted by young people as an authentic voice that continues to illuminate their experiences and emotions, giving insight into their lives. Jodi Picoult grew up in Nesconset, New York. She received her A.B. in Creative Writing from Princeton University, and her M.Ed. from Harvard University.
- Author(s)S E Hinton
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight136 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byJodi Picoult
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.13Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.