All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor fast and professional edging, hemming, seaming, and decorative stitching, you simply can't beat a serging machine. This all-skill-level book is the perfect guide to make sure you get the most out of your new machine (or out of that old serger that you've never got the hang of!) Photographs and step-by-step instructions guide you through the essential techniques, showing you how to set up your machine, how to adjust the settings to get the best results on a range of different fabrics, and how to edge your fabrics quickly with perfect results. The troubleshooting section provides tips and quick fixes for skipped stitches, snapped threads, and uneven stitching. Also includes a buyer's guide to different sergers, providing you with advice on finding the right machine for you.
- Author BiographyJulia Hincks is a teacher and textile artist. From an early age she has sewn, knitted, and crocheted, learning these skills from her mother and grandmothers. She has managed what many of us dream and aspire to do and combines her hobbies with a successful career. She began her teaching career in 2002, initially working with primary school children and running an after school craft club. As a mature student, Julia returned to college to study Art and Design at City College Brighton and Hove. She completed her diploma and soon after began working for City College teaching Dressmaking. She currently teaches Dressmaking, Pattern Cutting, Knitting, and Crochet classes at City College and Friends Centre in Brighton, where she has developed a loyal student following and many return time after time to ensure continuous improvement in their skills. She inspires adults to take up these crafts and develop their skills. Julia also undertakes commissions and is currently developing a range of ethically sourced childrenswear for a local upcoming business.
- Author(s)Julia Hincks
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note250 colour
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.