All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Mary and Henry Garland's classic Oxford Companion to German Literature substantially revises and extends its coverage, making an invaluable reference work available to a new generation of readers. Designed to be a reliable source of information on the whole sweep of literature from German-speaking countries from the eighth century onwards, the Companion w comes right up to the mid-1990s, including recent works such as Gunter Grass's controversial vel about the unification of East and West Germany, Ein weites Feld (1995). The entries, arranged in a single alphabetical sequence, cover authors and their major works, as well as historical, intellectual, and cultural backgrounds. For this new edition much of the original material has been thoroughly reworked in the light of up-to-date scholarship, and many completely new entries have been added, allowing improved coverage of the twentieth century, general topics, and women writers of all periods. The Companion's unrivalled historical coverage and depth of information - on subjects as various as Kafka and Kleist, Werther and Christa Wolf, Nietzsche and the Nibelungenlied, Jung and Jelinek, Rilke and Die Reformation - makes it an indispensable reference book for everyone with an interest in the literature and literary culture of the German-speaking world.
- Author BiographyThe late Henry Garland, who died before the Second Edition was published, was Professor Emeritus of German at the University of Exeter. Mary Garland (joint author of the Companion from its first conception) and was Reader in German at Exeter until her retirement.
- Author(s)Henry B. Garland,Mary Garland
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/1997
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight1503 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine60 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.