All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Companion to Shakespeare is the most comprehensive reference work yet produced about Shakespeare's works, times, life, and afterlives. From the conjectured identity of the Dark Lady of the Sonnets to the misprints in the First Folio, from Shakespeare's favourite figures of speech to the staging of Othello in South Africa, a team of internationally rewned scholars provides a lucid, stimulating, and authoritative guide to the plays, the poems, and their interpretation around the world over the last four centuries. Bringing its readers up to date t only with the latest in Shakespearian scholarship and controversy but with the plays' recent incarnations on stage, on film, and in international popular culture, this is the perfect companion to Shakespeare's works, covering everything from Aaron and act divisions to Zeffirelli and Zuccaro, from Shakespeare in schools to Shakespeare in Love.
- Author BiographyStanley Wells is Chairman of the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, and Emeritus Professor, Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham (formerly Director 1988-97). He has been general editor of the Oxford Shakespeare since 1978.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/03/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford Companions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date15/10/2015
- Content Notenumerous halftones
- Weight1359 g
- Width218 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byMichael Dobson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.