Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.99+ AU $1.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookhub-au
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in 1994 to worldwide acclaim, the first edition of Jancis Robinson's seminal volume immediately attained legendary status, winning every major wine book award including the Glenfiddich and Julia Child/IACP awards, as well as writer and woman of the year accolades for its editor on both sides of the Atlantic. Combining meticulously-researched fact with refreshing opinion and wit, The Oxford Companion to Wine presents almost 4,000 entries on every wine-related topic imaginable, from regions and grape varieties to the owners, conisseurs, growers, and tasters in wine through the ages; from viticulture and oelogy to the history of wine, from its origins to the present day. Now exhaustively updated, this third edition incorporates the very latest international research to present almost 400 new entries on topics ranging from globalization and the politics of wine to brands, precision viticulture, and co-fermentation. Hundreds of entries have undergone major revision, among them yeast, barrel alternatives, climate change, and virtually all wine regions; and useful lists and statistics are appended, including controlled appellations and their permitted grape varieties, and wine production and consumption by country. Illustrated with maps of every important wine region in the world, useful charts and diagrams, and stunning colour photographs, this Companion is unlike any other wine book, offering an understanding of wine in all of its wider contexts - tably historical, cultural, and scientific - and serving as a truly companionable point of reference into which any wine-lover can dip and browse.
- Author BiographyASSISTANT EDITOR Julia Harding, Master of Wine, studied modern languages at Cambridge before becoming a freelance book editor. She took the Wine and Spirit Education Trust intermediate and advanced certificates and diploma in the late 1990s before going on to work in the Wine Buying department at British wine retailer Waitrose in 2001. Julia qualified as a Master of Wine in 2004, winning the Robert Mondavi award for best theory papers and the Tim Derouet Memorial Prize for excellence in all parts of the exam and dissertation. Now Jancis Robinson's full-time assistant, she was responsible for all entries on oenology and viticulture in this third edition of The Oxford Companion to Wine, and co-ordinated and copy-edited the new and revised text.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/09/2006
- Series TitleOxford Companions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date29/06/2015
- Content Note32 colour photographs and over 80 maps, charts, and line drawings
- Weight2750 g
- Width226 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byJancis Robinson
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.