All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lively, authoritative, and up-to-date look at the world of rhyming slang, from its origins in London's 19th-century underworld to the buzzwords of 21st-century popney. Arranged by topic, including Crime, Food and Drink, Illness, Money, Sex, and Sport, this highly readable collection is at once an informative source to the story behind some of our most lively expressions and a browser's delight.
- Author BiographyJohn Ayto is an experienced lexicographer, and author of many books on the English language, including the acclaimed Twentieth Century Words (Oxford, 1999), which was reviewed as 'An absolutely terrific book ... thoroughly addictive and full of surprises'. His previous books for OUP include the Oxford Dictionary of Slang and The Oxford Dictionary of Modern Slang.
- Author(s)John Ayto
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2003
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Series TitleOxford Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight251 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.