All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionApplied studies scholarship has triggered a t-so-quiet revolution in the discipline of ethmusicology. The current generation of applied ethmusicologists has moved toward participatory action research, involving themselves in musical communities and working directly on their behalf. The essays in The Oxford Handbook of Applied Ethmusicology, edited by Svanibor Pettan and Jeff Todd Titon, theorize applied ethmusicology, offer histories, and detail practical examples with the goal of stimulating further development in the field. The essays in the book, all newly commissioned for the volume, reflect scholarship and data gleaned from eleven countries by over twenty contributors. Themes and locations of the research discussed encompass all world continents. The authors present case studies encompassing multiple places; other that discuss circumstances within a geopolitical unit, either near or far. Many of the authors consider marginalized peoples and communities; others argue for participatory action research. All are united in their interest in overarching themes such as conflict, education, archives, and the status of indigeus peoples and immigrants. A volume that at once defines its field, advances it, and even acts as a large-scale applied ethmusicology project in the way it connects ideas and methodology, The Oxford Handbook of Applied Ethmusicology is a seminal contribution to the study of ethmusicology, theoretical and applied.
- Author BiographySvanibor Pettan is Full Professor, Chair of the Program in Ethnomusicology at the University of Ljubljana. He is also the Secretary General of the International Council for Traditional Music and President of the Cultural and Ethnomusicological Society Folk Slovenia. Jeff Todd Titon is Emeritus Professor of Music, Brown University. He is the author of Worlds of Music: An Introduction to the Music of the World's Peoples (Schirmer, 3rd ed. 2009) and numerous other titles.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note59 b&w halftones; 12 line drawings
- Weight1582 g
- Width186 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edited byJeff Todd Titon,Svanibor Pettan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.