The Oxford Handbook of Personality Disorders by Oxford University Press Inc (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $190.21+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $171.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the cusp of newest edition of the DSM, the field of personality disorders is thriving and productive. This is certainly a time of major transition for the classification, study, and treatment of personality disorders, as the personality disorders section of the DSM is undergoing major revision, leaving researchers and clinicians to wonder whether their area of specialty in the field of personality disorders will be retained, deleted, or revised in DSM-5. In advance of DSM-5, The Oxford Handbook of Personality Disorders provides a summary of the latest information concerning the diagsis, assessment, construct validity, etiology, pathology, and treatment of personality disorders. Bringing together contributions from leading scholars, researchers, and clinicians from a wide variety of theoretical perspectives, this volume includes: - Chapters devoted to personality disorders proposed for retention in DSM-5 - Chapters concerning personality disorders that are slated for deletion - Chapters concerning three that have never obtained or had previously lost official recognition (i.e. passive-aggressive, depressive, and racist) - Chapters authored by members of the DSM-5 Personality Disorders Work Group, which succinctly outline and explain the proposals, as well as chapters by authors who raise significant questions and concerns (often differing) about these proposals - Special coverage of largely neglected areas of investigation (i. e. childhood antecedents of personality disorder, cross-cultural validity) - Controversial areas for the DSM, such as schizotypal personality disorder, narcissism, depressive personality disorder, dependent personality disorder, and dimensional classification In this time of transition, scholarship on personality disorders is proliferating, making this comprehensive, timely handbook the perfect resource for students, researchers, and clinical psychologists.
- Author BiographyThomas A. Widiger, Ph.D., is T. Marshall Hahn Professor of Psychology at the University of Kentucky.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Library of Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1628 g
- Width187 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byThomas A. Widiger
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.