All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionEmployee selection remains an integral role of industrial/organizational psychology. Modern demands on organizations have required adaptations on the part of those responsible for selection programs, and researchers in evaluating the impact of these adaptations as well as their implications for how we view human potential. Many of these developments (web-based assessments, social networking, globalization of organizations, for example) determine in great part the content and focus of many of the chapters in this book. The Oxford Handbook of Personnel Assessment and Selection is organized into seven parts: (1) historical and social context of the field of assessment and selection; (2) research strategies; (3) individual difference constructs that underlie effective performance; (4) measures of predictor constructs; (5) employee performance and outcome assessment; (6) societal and organizational constraints on selection practice; and (7) implementation and sustainability of selection systems. While providing a comprehensive review of current research and practice, the purpose of the volume is to provide an up-to-date profile of each of the areas addressed and highlight current questions that deserve additional attention from researchers and practitioners. This compendium is essential reading for industrial/organizational psychologists and human resource managers.
- Author BiographyNeal Schmitt, Ph.D., is University Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Management at Michigan State University.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleOxford Library of Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1854 g
- Width187 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byNeal Schmitt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.