All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains thirty-one state-of-the-art contributions from leading figures in the study of emotion today. The volume addresses all the central philosophical issues in current emotion research, including: the nature of emotion and of emotional life; the history of emotion from Plato to Sartre; emotion and practical reason; emotion and the self; emotion, value, and morality; and emotion, art and aesthetics. Anyone interested in the philosophy of emotion, and its wide-ranging implications in other related fields such as morality and aesthetics, will want to consult this book. It will be a vital resource t only for scholars and graduate students but also for undergraduates who are finding their way into this fascinating topic.
- Author BiographyPeter Goldie was The Samuel Hall Chair of Philosophy at The University of Manchester. He is the author of The Emotions: A Philosophical Exploration (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 2000), On Personality (London: Routledge, 2004), and co-author of Who's Afraid of Conceptual Art (London: Routledge, 2009). He is editor of Understanding Emotions: Mind and Morals (Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing, 2002), co-editor of Philosophy and Conceptual Art (Oxford: Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007), and co-editor of Empathy: Philosophical and Psychological Perspectives (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1277 g
- Width170 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byPeter Goldie
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.