All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Handbook of Public Archaeology seeks to reappraise the place of archaeology in the contemporary world by providing a series of essays that critically engage with both old and current debates in the field of public archaeology. Divided into four distinct sections and drawing across disciplines in this dynamic field, the volume aims to evaluate the range of research strategies and methods used in archaeological heritage and museum studies, identify and contribute to key contemporary debates, critically explore the history of archaeological resource management, and question the fundamental principles and practices through which the archaeological past is understood and used today.
- Author BiographyRobin Skeates is Senior Lecturer in Museum Studies in the Department of Archaeology at Durham University. Carol McDavid is Executive Director at the Community Archaeology Research Institute, Inc. (CARI) in Houston, Texas. John Carman is Research Fellow and Senior Lecturer in Heritage Valuation at the Institute of Archaeology and Antiquity, University of Birmingham.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note84 illustrations
- Weight1650 g
- Width180 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byCarol McDavid,John Carman,Robin Skeates
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.