Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionQuantitative portfolio management has become a highly specialized discipline. Computing power and software improvements have advanced the field to a level that would t have been thinkable when Harry Markowitz began the modern era of quantitative portfolio management in 1952. In addition to raw computing power, major advances in financial ecomics and ecometrics have shaped academia and the financial industry over the last 60 years. While the idea of a general theory of finance is still only a distant hope, asset managers w have tools in the financial engineering kit that address specific problems in their industry. The Oxford Handbook of Quantitative Asset Management consists of seven sections that explore major themes in current theoretical and practical use. These themes span all aspects of a modern quantitative investment organization. Contributions from academics and practitioners working in leading investment management organizations bring together the key theoretical and practical aspects of the field to provide a comprehensive overview of the major developments in the area.
- Author BiographyPrior to joining EDHEC-Risk, Bernd Scherer was Managing Director and Global Head of Quantitative Asset Allocation at Morgan Stanley in London. Previously, he was with Deutsche Asset Management where he successively headed the Investment Solutions and Overlay Management Group in Frankfurt, and Global Quantitative Research and Portfolio Engineering from New York. Bernd has 16 years of investment experience within top financial institutions. He has published over 50 articles in leading academic and practitioner journals and is a board member of the London Quant Group. Kenneth Winston is Chief Risk Officer at Western Asset Management and a Lecturer in Economics at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. Previously Dr. Winston was Chief Risk Officer at Morgan Stanley Investment Management in New York and an Adjunct Professor of financial mathematics at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University. He began his financial career as a quantitative portfolio manager after having taught mathematics at Rutgers University. Dr. Winston, who obtained his PhD in pure mathematics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, is the author of numerous articles and papers in mathematics and finance.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note116 Figures, 52 Tables
- Weight1078 g
- Width176 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byBernd Scherer,Kenneth Winston
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.