All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth volume of The Oxford History of Historical Writing offers essays by leading scholars on the writing of history globally since 1945. Divided into two parts, part one selects and surveys theoretical and interdisciplinary approaches to history, and part two examines select national and regional historiographies throughout the world. It aims at once to provide an authoritative survey of the field and to provoke cross-cultural comparisons. This is chrologically the last of five volumes in a series that explores representations of the past across the globe from the beginning of writing to the present day.
- Author BiographyAxel Schneider was born in Germany. Educated at Erlangen University, National Taiwan Cheng-chi University, and Bochum University he has taught at the Universities of Heidelberg (Germany), Leiden (The Netherlands), National Taiwan Cheng-chi University, and Beijing University. In 2009 he was appointed Professor of Modern China Studies at Gottingen University, where is currently also serving as Director of the Gottingen Centre for Modern East Asian Studies. Editor of the Leiden Series in Comparative Historiography, he has published widely in German, English, and Chinese on modern Chinese historical writing. Daniel Woolf was born in England and grew up in Canada. Educated at Queen's University and Oxford, he has taught at several Canadian Universities including Dalhousie, McMaster, and the University of Alberta. In 2009 he was appointed Professor of History at Queen's University in Kingston, where he is currently also serving as Principal and Vice-Chancellor. General Editor of The Oxford History of Historical Writing, he is also the author or editor of several previous books and many articles and book chapters. He previously also edited the two volume Global Encyclopedia of Historical Writing (1998).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleOxford History of Historical Writing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note7 maps
- Weight1118 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byAxel Schneider,Daniel Woolf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.