Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pa-O, one of Burma's many ethnic mirities, engaged in a forty-year insurgency against the government of Burma which ended in a cease-fire in 1994. This is the first book on the Pa-O in English. Drawing upon historical accounts, contemporary writing, and personal interviews, the authors present the mythological and historical background of the Pa-O in Burma and Thailand. They recount the recent political history and focus on the experiences and difficulties of one village community that was forced to relocate ten times between 1978 and 1996. Interviews provide first-hadn evidence of the difficult conditions under which the Pa-O live in Burma and Thailand.
- Author BiographyRuss Christensen has spent over four years with the Pa-O in the Mae Hong Son area of northern Thailand. Sann Kyaw, and ethnic Pa-O, completed two years at the University of Mandalay before the universities were closed in 1988.
- Author(s)Russ Christensen,Sann Kyaw
- PublisherSilkworm Books / Trasvin Publications LP
- Date of Publication17/08/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChiang Mai
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintSilkworm Books
- Content Note11 color illus.
- Weight146 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.