All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pacific Crossing Guide is a complete reference for anyone contemplating sailing the Pacific in their own boat. From ideal timing, suitable boats, routes, methods of communication, health and provisioning to seasonal weather, departure and arrival ports, facilities, likely costs and dangers, the comprehensiveness of this new edition will both inspire dreamers and instil confidence in those about to depart. This new edition has been completely restructured with Part 1 covering thorough preparation for a Pacific crossing and Part 2 covering Pacific weather patterns, major routes and landfall ports, with useful website links throughout. There are completely new sections on rallies, coral atolls and atoll navigation, the cyclone season and laying up, use of electronic charts, satellite phones versus HF radio, ongoing maintenance, and Pacific festivals. Completely updated, expanded and refreshed for the new generation of Pacific cruisers, this is the definitive reference, relied upon by many thousands of cruisers.
- Author BiographyThe Royal Cruising Club Pilotage Foundation was founded in 1976 with the objective of advancing 'the education of the public in the science and practice of navigation'. Its members write - and keep continually updated - pilot books covering many different parts of the world. In the past twenty years Kitty van Hagen has cruised the Pacific extensively with her husband, Simon; through the Panama Canal to the Galapagos and on to Hawaii; up to Kodiak and the Pacific Northwest; a season cruising round Vancouver Island before heading south to San Francisco; to Mexico and a year spent exploring the Baha; from Mexico to New Zealand via French Polynesia; three years making the seasonal run between New Zealand and the island groups of the Cook Islands, Fiji, Tonga and New Caledonia before sailing on to Australia; then a return to New Zealand where they continued to be based for several years, sailing round North and South Island as well as the Chatham Islands and Stewart Island and across to Tasmania. Kitty is co-author of Yachting Monthly's highly acclaimed Classic Passages and author of The Sailing Cook Book (Collins) and The Happy Ship (Faber and Faber). Kitty has also written various articles for Cruising World, Sail and Yachting Monthly magazines.
- Author(s)Kitty van Hagen
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black (Childrens books)
- Content Note75 colour maps + 40 photos
- Weight1247 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.