All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionHugh Ambrose's bestseller follows the struggles and triumphs of four US Marines and a US Navy carrier pilot fighting in the Pacific region during World War II. Built on hundreds of hours of testimony, as well as diaries, letters and memoirs, The Pacific tells the true stories of men who put their lives on the line for the Allied forces; men who were dispatched to the other side of the world to fight an enemy who preferred suicide to surrender; men who suffered hardship and humiliation in POW camps; men who witnessed casualties among soldiers and civilians alike; and men whose medals came at a shocking price - a price paid in full. The epic ten-part miniseries tracks the intertwined journeys of three US Marines Robert Leckie (James Badge Dale), Eugene Sledge (Joe Mazzello) and John Basilone (Jon Seda) from their first battle with the Japanese on Guadalcanal, through the rainforests of Cape Gloucester and the strongholds of Pelelieu, across the bloody sands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa, and finally to their triumphant but uneasy return home after V-J Day.
- Author BiographyHugh Ambrose was the son of Stephen E. Ambrose, author of the bestselling Band of Brothers. He served as a consultant on the HBO miniseries The Pacific. Ambrose was also Vice President of the National World War II Museum, and led battlefield tours through Europe and along the Pacific Rim. He lived in Montana until his death, in 2015.
- Author(s)Hugh Ambrose
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight484 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementTelevision tie-in edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.